Tuesday 28 March 2017

125. Princess Royal at City, University of London

Some of you may recall that I obtained my first degree (Civil Engineering) from City University, London. The university, now part of a wider grouping, is known as City, University of London.

This week I had the honour of representing the Engineering Faculty Alumni and the Livery Company’s of the City of London when the Princess Royal (Chancellor of the University) came along to open the rather grand new entrance and specially commissioned works of art.

I had the privilege of spending a few amusing minutes with the Princess – she quickly recognized my Masters’ badge, having been the Master of the Honourable Company of Master Mariners herself in 2005-07. She unveiled a plaque to commemorate this special occasion for the University.

Photographs show the Princess Royal, one of the specially commissioned pieces of art and the Master standing by the unveiled plaque.



No comments:

Post a Comment